Cones, drupes and follicles

What is a cone, a drupe or a follicle? Volunteer Guides David Chandler, Jenny Pattison and Lisle Brown are leading a themed walk on 'fruits' through the Royal Botanic Gardens now (10.30 am, 16 April!) and then again at 2 pm on Saturday, 18 April.

Normally my blog is an extra-curricula activity but I thought I'd post some pictures I've just taken in the Maiden Theatre of the extraordinary display of fruits, nuts and other devices used to wrap and carry plant seeds.
If you come along on Saturday you'll learn all about the different kinds of 'fruits' produced by Australian plants. I'm sure you will get the chance to taste some of the taster ones, perhaps even the renowned lilly pilly jam.

Lisle Brown and David Pattison, with David's Banksia Man

Jenny Pattison and David Chandler, checking Jenny's powerpoint presentation

Just one of the many kinds of fruit on display


Comments